Master | Instructor | Mentor
As much as possible, I like to work in the alla prima style of painting. Throughout the entire process, I always remain conscious of trying to express my emotional response to the initial idea. It’s just that I work very freely and intuitively in the beginning, and then slows down and makes more deliberate decisions in the later stages. I feel this is the best way to capture my moods and make sure they come across in the finished paintings.
This Mastermind+ is for
What Is An Emerging Artist?
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
CHOOSE YOUR GROUP
TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN A NEW GROUP LAUNCHES, JOIN THE ARTISTS’ NETWORK BELOW!
Emerging ArtistMastermind+ Subscription
- GROUP FULL
- Starts Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021
- 6pm to 8pm MT (8pm to 10pm ET)
- Then, every 1st Tuesday of the month thereafter
- 2 HOUR videoconference session every month
- TRUSTED small group of 8 Emerging Artists
- MASTER ARTIST of your choice. Pick a new Master every 6 months!
- NAVIGATOR permanently assigned to your group to facilitate, guide and support
- CONNECT between sessions via private chat forum
- ART CRITIQUES take your artwork from good to exceptional with direct feedback.
- BUSINESS ADVICE on: creating and sustaining a business as an artist, building your brand and marketing, how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully, studio set-up and time management to maximize production, art licensing, and more!
- APPRENTICESHIP BADGE for your CV. Awarded upon completion of 1 year in any Emerging Artist Mastermind Group(s)!
About The Artist
Born in Guangzhou, China, Zhaoming Wu grew up during the Cultural Revolution. He began to study Chinese brush painting at the age of 8. Following high school, he became a graphic artist at an advertising agency. He credits this experience in helping him to develop substantial painting skills as well as the art of story telling. Later, he graduated from Guangzhou Academy of Fine Art where he earned a BFA in painting and was as an assistant professor there for seven years. After moving to San Francisco, California, he received his MFA in painting from the Academy of Art University where he is currently an instructor. Active for many years as both an artist and a teacher, Zhaoming has works exhibited in museums and private collections around the world.
Although he is best known for his figurative painting, using live models with flowing drapes, he is inspired by and paints the landscape. The natural elements remind him of the curves of the body and folds of the cloth. Influenced by the 19th century French painters, he describes his work as “representational, but not traditional classical.” This technique can be seen through the combination of more modern elements and understanding of graphic design. Utilizing his knowledge of heightened colors and values, he makes powerful, conscious decisions about their application.
Recent national and international publications have highlighted his vibrant career and technique. He has been featured in major domestic art magazines such as Fine Art Today, Fine Art Connoisseur, American Art Collector, Southwest Art and Plein Air Magazine. International publications include Arte Y Libertad (Spain), Art of Watercolor (China) and Pratique des Arts, (French). He has published 11 books and was featured in 3 instructional DVDs.
Major awards and honors have been given to Zhaoming Wu. These organizations include the International Artist’s Magazine, Oil Painters of America and the National Oil and Acrylic Painter’s Society, among others. For 7 consecutive years, he was a juror of an international art contest at the European Museum of Modern Art in Barcelona, Spain
Be the First to Know!
When you join the Artists' Network you'll get FIRST DIBS on all NEW Mastermind Groups.
You'll also, receive helpful advice, articles and book suggestions to help you level-up your talent.
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.