WHAT TO EXPECT
When you join LevellingUp you’ll be welcomed into a
SUPPORTIVE | GOALS FOCUSED | NON-COMPETITIVE | COMMUNITY
of artists just like you.
free with your membership!
- All LIVE Ask the Master Panel Discussions
- All LIVE Demo Events
- 15% OFF All LUessentials Classes
- 10% OFF your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc Mastermind Groups
- Refer-A-Friend Bonus: SAVE $50 on your Membership Fee for every friend who becomes a Member
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I start?
Choose the group level – aspiring or emerging – that best matches where you are at in your artist journey. Aspiring artists are generally focused on developing their signature style, and want to focus on technique, materials, colour and composition. Emerging artists are generally focused on making their passion a profitable career, and want to focus on sales and marketing, achieving technical excellence, and making their studio time efficient.
After picking your level, choose the Master Artist who aligns with your medium, your subject matter, and who personally resonates with you. You’ll be spending a lot of time with your Master, so make sure you choose a Master who you believe will truly help you.
Why am I being charged for my Mastermind Session before we meet?
- a 2-hr live & interactive group mentoring session with your Master
- access to your private discussion board on LUchat, so you can:
- get to know the Navigator and the other artists in your group
- suggest topics for your Master to address in an upcoming monthly session
- support each other’s work on the assigned homework
What is the curriculum?
After you register for your Mastermind group, we’ll email a Member Profile form for you to fill out. In this form you’ll tell us about your goals, your challenges, your current skills – all the stuff your Master needs to know to be able to help you out.
Before meeting you, your Master will review your form to understand how to best help you. The curriculum is not pre-decided. The mentoring and training your Master Artist will provide depends on what YOU need to learn. It will be tailored specifically in response to what you’ve told us about YOUR goals and challenges.
What happens in a Mastermind Group?
There are a maximum of 8 Member artists in each Mastermind group, plus a Navigator facilitator, plus the Master.
Your group meets with your Master Artist once monthly for a 2 hour live mentoring session using Zoom. Between monthly sessions, you get support and encouragement from your artist peers on LevellingUp’s private discussion board, LUchat.
During the first hour of each monthly session the Master provides feedback on the homework you completed since your last session. The second hour of each session is spent in new teaching, with the teaching focused on what your Master feels you need to know next to progress on your artist journey. Every session ends with a homework assignment related to the teaching.
Since there is no homework to review in the first session, the first hour of the first Mastermind session typically has the Master ensuring they fully understand the needs of each Member. This time is also a great opportunity for you to get to know the other artists in the group.
Our Members tell us the safe community their group provides gives them the encouragement and support essential to venture out into new territory.
What happens between my monthly mentoring sessions?
LUchat is a discussion board that we’ve built specifically for our artists. There’s an area on LUchat that’s completely private to your group, and your Navigator will also be there to connect with you. Recordings of every monthly session are also posted on LUchat just in case you miss a session or want to review the discussion.
Your group’s Master will not generally connect on LUchat. The availability of a world-class Master Artist is extremely limited, so take full advantage of the face-to-face monthly live videoconference sessions. Your
Navigator will bring questions raised by the group on LUchat to your Master, ensuring your needs are addressed in the monthly sessions.
How long do I stay with a Master?
By bringing in a new Master, your learning journey never needs to grow stale, and you can access the wealth of experience our many different Masters have to offer.
Changing out your group’s Master is optional, and your Navigator will help you through this process.
What do I get for my money?
Our Members tell us they discover 4 key benefits at LevellingUp:
- You get to know (and to be known by) and become part of the community of a successful & skilled Master Artist
- You’ll develop skills – both technical and business – in just a few months that otherwise would have taken years, if not decades
- With face-to-face conversation and feedback on homework assignments, you’ll learn quickly how to take your artwork from good to excellent
- You get to connect daily with a safe and trusted community of your fellow artists, giving and receiving encouragement, helpful ideas, and opportunities to network
What is a LevellingUp Navigator?
Every group includes a Navigator. Navigators are not Master Artists, and are also benefiting from the Master’s mentorship. As fellow artists, they understand your challenges and successes. As experienced facilitators, they’re well equipped to ensure your group runs well and you get full value from your time at LevellingUp.
Some of the things your Navigator does are:
- Ensure the monthly sessions run on schedule, and everyone gets a chance to speak and share
- Support the Master with preparation
- Help everyone with the technology
- Help your group select a new Master (your Navigator will stay with your group after your Master changes)
Can I join a group that has already started?
That means the group you’re joining may have already been meeting for a while. Don’t worry that you’ll feel left out or left behind! Your Navigator will be sure to bring you up to speed – and because mentoring is all about responding to your personal needs, the Master will work very hard to ensure your questions are addressed.
How does the billing work? What am I committing to?
We do encourage Members to plan to spend at least 6 months at LevellingUp, as it takes time for your skills to grow and for meaningful community to develop.
The monthly billing is automatic, and you have access to your account so you can cancel anytime.
What happens if I’m not happy?
In case its ever needed, we also offer a 90 day full money back guarantee.