Master | Instructor | Mentor
Veronica Funk grew up in the most beautiful place in northern Manitoba, surrounded by the Churchill River and boreal forests. Though she didn’t receive formal art education in the north, she was taught traditional crafts by her neighborhood Cree grandmothers, such as weaving, beading, moccasin making and a little birch bark biting. She learned to draw by copying the Archie comics that were prevalent in her home as her mother is from South America and the comics helped her to learn English. Her father told her that the comics also inspired her name.
“This place north of 56, where I learned to survive in the wilderness as part of my public education, where we came together to celebrate the Winter Carnival, racing in snowshoes, baking bannock, watching the dog sled races, where we were raised to nurture nature, was a place that I never wanted to leave,” she recounts.
After moving to Alberta, she studied Art & Design at Red Deer College, then returned to Manitoba to apprentice with potters, stone sculptors and painters and spent a year creatively painting on a farm in Saskatchewan. She is currently continuing her studies through Thompson Rivers University with an emphasis in painting
Her work was initially inspired by a northern exhibit of work created by Benjamin Chi Chi, of the Woodlands Artists and also by the vibrant palettes and simplified yet inspirational images of Georgia O’Keeffe and Lawren Harris of the Group of Seven. As she resides in a rapidly growing environment, her work has grown to reflect a suburban influence in the use of spray paint and stencils which are also prevalent in graffiti.
Veronica’s work has been exhibited across Canada and in the United States and is found in private and corporate collections around the world. She is a member of the Alberta Society of Artists, the Federation of Canadian Artists and resides in Airdrie, Alberta. Her work has been featured in Galleries West, ARABELLA, Where Women Create, Cloth Paper Scissors and In Her Studio magazines.
Colour & Composition
Tools & Materials
Marketing & Branding
Art as a Business
Bio & CV
Shows & Exhibits
This Mastermind+ is for
What Is An Emerging Artist?
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
CHOOSE YOUR GROUP
TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN A NEW GROUP LAUNCHES, JOIN THE ARTISTS’ NETWORK BELOW!
Emerging ArtistMastermind+ Membership
- Starts Wednesday, February 24th, 2021
- 6pm to 8pm MT (8pm to 10pm ET)
- Then, every 4th Wednesday of the month thereafter
- 2 HOUR videoconference session every month
- TRUSTED small group of 8 Emerging Artists
- MASTER ARTIST of your choice. Pick a new Master every 6 months!
- NAVIGATOR permanently assigned to your group to facilitate, guide and support
- CONNECT between sessions via private chat forum
- ART CRITIQUES take your artwork from good to exceptional with direct feedback.
- BUSINESS ADVICE on: creating and sustaining a business as an artist, building your brand and marketing, how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully, studio set-up and time management to maximize production, art licensing, and more!
- APPRENTICESHIP BADGE for your CV. Awarded upon completion of 1 year in any Emerging Artist Mastermind Group(s)!
About The Artist
Veronica Funk was born on June 25, 1966 in Winnipeg and raised in Leaf Rapids, northern Manitoba. She studied Art & Design at Red Deer College in Alberta, apprenticed with potters, stone sculptors and painters in Manitoba and spent a year painting on a farm in Saskatchewan.
She currently resides near the Rocky Mountains in Airdrie, Alberta and has been painting professionally since 1999. Her work has been exhibited across Canada and in the United States and is found in private and corporate collections around the world.
Be the First to Know!
When you join the Artists' Network you'll get FIRST DIBS on all NEW Mastermind Groups.
You'll also, receive helpful advice, articles and book suggestions to help you level-up your talent.
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.