Oil | Acrylic | Pastel
Ned received a scholarship to study at the prestigious Art Center School of Design Los Angeles, and continuously worked at honing his craft, while making a living and raising his family. Because he could draw so well, Art Center he was asked to teach a drawing class of some of the best High School students in the Los Angeles area and substituted for faculty Instructors when they could not make a class. All the Instructors at Art Center School of Design were working professionals and students were held to a very high standard or were required to leave.
Working to develop his career, he was hired as an Illustrator, Courtroom Artist, Advertising Story Board Artist, Architectural Drawings and Renderings, Cartooning, Concept work for Disney, Book, and Magazine illustrations. He has exhibited in most of the Major Traditional/Impressionistic Shows in the country, has been in numerous Museum shows and has had three major exhibitions at the Frye Art Museum in Seattle is one of the few Artists invited to do a demonstration and workshop through at the Seattle Art Museum. His hard work, determination, and commitment to his craft, has resulted in a long and Award-winning Art Career producing a prolific and wide array of work in many different media, quickly establishing himself as a highly skilled Fine Artist and teacher.
- Designated Master with the Oil Painters of America & the American Impressionist Society
- Built concept work for Disney
- Teaching for over 60 years
- Formerly a cartoonist
- Produced courtroom art for TV
Ned is one of the few Artists who is a “Designated Master” with both the American Impressionist Society and the Oil Painters of America.
He has won numerous awards and in 2020 - Ranked No.3 in the country of over 1500 award winning artists.
Art league - One of his biggest achievement Ned is most proud of, is being one of the Founders and President of the Puget Sound Art League. Modeled after the Pallet and Chisel club in Chicago. Its purpose and goal were to have a place where artists could go every day to improve their skills and confidence. Open seven days a week, at its peak, access for over 160 members, was non-profit, and had two studios where members could go, practicing Life Drawing, Portraits, Still Lifes and Sculpting, with access to Professional Drawing, Painting and Sculpture Instructors.
Having received a scholarship at the Art Center School of Design for his art education 60 years ago, Ned realizes how important it is to give back, and to make art accessible to Artists today, and following generations. This generosity is one of the reasons why Ned is still a sought-after teacher, giving in-person workshops all over the USA and World. This year with the Event of Co-vid, he was approached to give numerous online workshops which are hugely successful. He loves to teach, and his dedication, knowledge, and enthusiasm transfers over to his students.
Leveling Up has been a godsend for me as an aspiring artist. It has provided a clear path on how to improve. It is so great to meet like minded artists and its a bonus when they live close by!
~ Carey, Aspiring Artist
Watch Ned’s Demo
Colour & Composition
Shows & Exhibits
This Mastermind+ is for
ASPIRING, EMERGING, & PROFESSIONAL Artists
WHAT IS AN ASPIRING ARTIST?
As a aspiring artist, you have been creating on the side, as a hobby, and now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- technique - color and composition
- art critiques - get feedback on your artwork to help you narrow and hone your style
- supplies and tools - where to save and where to spend
- marketing - learn to write your artist statement and CV, build your brand, launch a website, maximize your social media
- price artwork – because your time and talent have value
What Is An Emerging Artist?
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Am I A Professional Artist?
As a professional artist, you have become established and successful as an artist – so now what? Mastery!
- You have a well-defined style & display strong technical skills
- You have approximately 10 years of dedication to your craft (CV/resume demonstrates approximately 10 years of shows, exhibitions, gallery representation)
- You may have started teaching others technique skills
- You worry about the risk of getting stagnant in your art growth by the distraction of commercial success
What do they learn?
- Connecting your personal voice to your craft. Personal expression of how you feel about life, communicated in your own unique way. Challenging your motives: are you painting from a place of passion, or due to pressure?
- Differentiate your work. Stand out from the crowd.
- Never stop pursuing excellence in your work. Hone the subtle nuances of technique and work in your unique voice.
Join YOUR GROUP
FOCUS OF ASPIRING GROUP
Art of Seeing-Principles of Design and Color
This class will focus on the Principles of Design and Color. It is pretty hard to define Design in some simple terms, but I tell my students that a good painting is “an interesting arrangement of shapes, colors and edges”. That could be applied all the way from Classical to Abstract and everything in between.
We will talk about the Principles of Design and Color and how to apply them using value and color studies to work out some compelling ideas whatever the subject matter. Balance in painting is unbalance and we will work on understanding and applying these concepts in your unique way. Large shapes as opposed to smaller shapes, quiet areas as opposed to busy areas, interesting shapes as opposed to dull shapes, overlaps, color harmony, bad tangents, and more.
FOCUS OF EMERGING GROUP
Art of Seeing
Ned will gently guide you through the practices and thought processes which combine to develop your eye and help you to “See as an Artist”. He generously offers information, advice and demonstrations based on his over 60 years of teaching and practicing Art. This Course “The Art of Seeing”, has been developed by Ned, concentrating on all areas Artists need to develop, to bring their standard of work to the next level.
“There are no secrets in Art itself - Creativity and vision comes from the Individual themselves”- Ned Mueller
The Course Aim is to build your knowledge and confidence to accomplish what you want to accomplish, to achieve progress and the confidence in making you draw and paint better and think like an Artist.
ASPIRING ArtistMastermind+ Membership
- IN SESSION
- 6pm - 8pm MT (8pm - 10pm ET)
- Repeats on the 4th Tuesday of the month
EMERGING ArtistMastermind+ Membership
- STARTS Tuesday, September 21st, 2021
- 6pm - 8pm MT (8pm - 10pm ET)
- Repeats on the 3rd Tuesday of the month
Professional ArtistMastermind+ Membership
- $60 Application Fee (Applied to first Month)
- STARTS TBD
- 3-hour session
- Session Time: TBD
- Recurrence: TBD
- Application & Acceptance Process (PDF)
About The Artist
Ned is a very accomplished and highly respected artist, having been drawing and painting for over 65 years. He has been designated as a “Master Artist” with both the Oil Painters of America and the American Impressionist Society.
He is a graduate of the prestigious Art Center School of Design in Los Angeles where as still a student he also taught drawing classes. He has participated in many of the major invitational shows in the country, including the “Artist’s of America Show”, “Great American Artist’s Show”, “National Academy of Western Art”, “Oil Painters of America”, “Laguna Plein Air Show”, “Pastel Society of America”, “The Autry Western Masters Show”, “The Northwest Rendezvous Show” and the annual “Plein Air Painters of America Exhibition”.
Ned has had three exhibitions at the Frye Art Museum in Seattle and has shown in some of the Finest Galleries in the country, has won numerous awards and is included in many private fine art collections. He is a Signature member of the Oil Painters of America, American Impressionist Society, Plein Air Painters of America. California Art Club, Northwest Pastel Society, Puget Sound Group of Northwest Artists, Northwest Rendezvous Group, and the American Society of Marine Artists.
Ned worked as a concept Artist for Walt Disney Imagineering where he also taught workshops for the Disney Artists. He continues to challenge himself to grow artistically. Ned is asked to jury Regional and National Art Shows and he loves to teach and share his many years of knowledge and experience by teaching classes and workshops, regionally, nationally and internationally.
Get the newest updates from LU with our Mailing List.
Find out about new Masters and programs being offered and never miss a thing!
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.