Master | Instructor | Mentor
There is a moment in time that when remembered gives comfort or reassurance. A smell can transport one back into a deep memory and stir up emotions of all kinds.
I am attracted to those moments that create comfort, those scents that cause a rush of deep memories. As a child (a creative one) who was raised by a single mom on welfare, there were so many dreams of home and a longing for security. On walks through other neighbourhoods I would be dreaming of the whole families that must live inside. These walks are some of my first memories of observing the world around me. Over time, this defined the moments that held rich and satisfying experiences real or imagined.
As an artist I love to translate those special moments. Moments that will transport me to an understanding of wholeness and peace.
I work with vibrant colour and expressive strokes, exploring shape and form as well as the constant desire to portray light. The works often develop their own life and the paint creates shapes and detail that I had not planned on but complete and round out the experience. The canvases I paint can be quite large and the result is the ability to experiment with a range of tools that create variety of texture and interest in the pieces and can pull from me an energy and joy. Negative shape plays a role as important as the positive and develops from the layering technique that I employ.
Home is different to every person. But we all have connecting experiences that cause us to collectively remember and feel safe. We reflect a creation of beauty and of seasons that continuously march on. I hope to reflect in my work moments that cause a stirring in a person’s heart. Moments that were noticed and stored.
This Mastermind+ is for
What Is An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been sculpting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
GROUP IS FULL
TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN A NEW GROUP LAUNCHES, JOIN THE ARTISTS’ NETWORK BELOW!
Emerging ArtistMastermind+ Subscription
- 5pm to 7pm MT (7pm to 9pm ET)
- Then, the 2nd Thursday of the month thereafter
- 2 HOUR videoconference session every month
- TRUSTED small group of 8 Emerging Artists
- MASTER ARTIST of your choice. Pick a new Master every 6 months!
- NAVIGATOR permanently assigned to your group to facilitate, guide and support
- CONNECT between sessions via private chat forum
- ART CRITIQUES take your artwork from good to exceptional with direct feedback.
- BUSINESS ADVICE on: creating and sustaining a business as an artist, building your brand and marketing, how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully, studio set-up and time management to maximize production, art licensing, and more!
- APPRENTICESHIP BADGE for your CV. Awarded upon completion of 1 year in any Emerging Artist Mastermind Group(s)!
About The Artist
Julia Veenstra is a Canadian artist whose work is found in collections around the world.
Julia has lived in four different countries, and brings the influences of each to her impressionistic representational, and lively style. Her work reflects the joy she sees in her surroundings, and so her medium of choice is acrylic as she enjoys the immediacy and the bright colours.
In the past few years, Julia’s work has highlighted here native Canada’s vivid landscapes, leading to nationwide recognition and a feature as the cover on the Royal Winter Fair.
Most days you can find Julia in her studio, a converted garage, at her home on Beach Boulevard in Hamilton.
Be the First to Know!
When you join the Artists' Network you'll get FIRST DIBS on all NEW Mastermind Groups.
You'll also, receive helpful advice, articles and book suggestions to help you level-up your talent.
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.