Master | Instructor | Mentor
My voice is not loud. I don’t need to shout out my point of view.
What I want to say is quiet. It takes time. It’s a whisper in your ear, a murmured thought. It’s about human connection. It’s about feeling and emotion and stillness. It’s about the simple act of one person looking at another, with all the human complexity that entails.
~ Jennifer Anderson
Colour & Composition
Tools & Materials
How To Self Critique
Bio & CV
Marketing & Branding
Shows & Exhibits
Art as a Business
Products & Prints
This Mastermind+ is for
What Is An Emerging Artist?
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Choose your group
TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN A NEW GROUP LAUNCHES, JOIN THE ARTISTS’ NETWORK BELOW!
START DATE BY TIME ZONE
Wednesday, February 10th
Mountain Time: 11:00am - 1:00pm
Eastern Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm
Greenwich Mean Time: 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Every 2nd Wednesday of every month thereafter.
Emerging ArtistMastermind+ Membership
- 2 HOUR videoconference session every month
- TRUSTED small group of 8 Emerging Artists
- MASTER ARTIST of your choice. Pick a new Master every 6 months!
- NAVIGATOR permanently assigned to your group to facilitate, guide and support
- CONNECT between sessions via private chat forum
- ART CRITIQUES take your artwork from good to exceptional with direct feedback.
- BUSINESS ADVICE on: creating and sustaining a business as an artist, building your brand and marketing, how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully, studio set-up and time management to maximize production, art licensing, and more!
- APPRENTICESHIP BADGE for your CV. Awarded upon completion of 1 year in any Emerging Artist Mastermind Group(s)!
About The Artist
Jennifer was born in Glasgow and grew up just outside the city, in rural Stirlingshire. She attended Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art, Dundee, from which she graduated in 1997 with a first-class honours degree in fine art painting at the age of 21.
Since then she has returned to Glasgow and continues to live and work in the city’s West End. She has exhibited widely throughout the UK, and has also shown work internationally in New York, Singapore, Florida, Zurich, and Toronto.
During her career, Jennifer has received a number of awards including the HSBC Investment Management Award for artists under 35 at the Royal Society of Portrait Painters, and the David Cargill Award at the Royal Glasgow Institute.
She has been regularly selected for the BP Portrait Award and has also been invited to exhibit in the main collection at the National Portrait Gallery, London.
Jennifer says of her work, ‘I hope to leave space for the imagination, to minimise unnecessary distractions, be they visual or emotional. I like to let the viewer make up their own mind as to what the painting is saying to them- the only way to have a truly satisfactory artistic experience.’
Jennifer writes that her paintings are informed by both visual aesthetic- carefully considering the application of paint, colour, and composition- as well as ‘the emotional experience of one person looking at another.’
Her portraits explore the intimate connection between viewer and subject, referencing a rich art historical lineage of portrait painting and the study of the gaze. But unlike traditional portraiture, almost all of Jennifer’s subjects do not directly confront the viewer, they look away into the distance, lost in thought, or sometimes a part of their face is obscured or unfinished, lost into the background. Jennifer focuses on the subtle details of light, shade and colour to depict the faces of her subjects, and this highly detailed three-dimensional aspect of the portrait is contrasted with often only ambiguous suggestions of background, or a flat use of colour and pattern. She writes that her work seeks to achieve ‘emotional complexity amplified by visual simplicity.’ Her work is ethereal, deeply emotional, haunting, suggesting a fleeting moment or thought in time.
Be the First to Know!
When you join the Artists' Network you'll get FIRST DIBS on all NEW Mastermind Groups.
You'll also, receive helpful advice, articles and book suggestions to help you level-up your talent.
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.