Master | Instructor | Mentor
Amy Dryer attended the Alberta College of Art and Design, the Glasgow School of Art (Scotland) and the Fine Art program at Mount Allison University in Sackville, New Brunswick, to receive her Bachelor of Fine Arts.
In 2008, she was on the cover of Avenue Magazine as Calgary’s Best and then was featured again in their 2016 Top 40 Under 40 issue. She’s also been profiled in Essential Magazine, Galleries West and on CTV. She’s completed artist residencies at Emma Lake, Saskatchewan, in 2009, The Banff Centre, Alberta, in 2013, Reykjavik, Iceland, in 2017, and Berlin, Germany, in 2018.
Recently, Dryer has been creating a new body of paintings called ‘Studio Hours’: time spent in the studio during Covid 2020. Amy’s paintings are in a number of collections throughout Canada and the US, including the Alberta Foundation for the Arts public art collection. Amy is based in Calgary, AB.
This Mastermind+ is for
What Is An Emerging Artist?
As an emerging artist, you have been painting regularly and feel fairly confident in your one unique style.
You've taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you're ready to take it to the next level!
YOU'RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
Meets every 2nd Sunday of the month @ 9:00am - 11:00am MT (11:00am - 1:00pm ET).
Emerging ArtistMastermind+ Subscription
- 2 HOUR videoconference session every month
- TRUSTED small group of 8 Emerging Artists
- MASTER ARTIST of your choice. Pick a new Master every 6 months!
- NAVIGATOR permanently assigned to your group to facilitate, guide and support
- CONNECT between sessions via private chat forum
- ART CRITIQUES take your artwork from good to exceptional with direct feedback.
- BUSINESS ADVICE on: creating and sustaining a business as an artist, building your brand and marketing, how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully, studio set-up and time management to maximize production, art licensing, and more!
- APPRENTICESHIP BADGE for your CV. Awarded upon completion of 1 year in any Artist Mastermind Group(s)!
About The Artist
My gestural style – characteristic of German Expressionism – emphasizes the subjective expression of inner experiences. The truest picture of a moment – the figure of a place – occurs in a balanced abstraction of everyday perspectives. To convey this I combine line, form and colour to represent and yet slightly distort my subject matter. This creates a field of view that is both familiar and enigmatic.
Amy Dryer is represented by galleries across Canada; her work also shows in private collections in the Czech Republic, Santa Barbara, New York, and Barbados.
Dryer’s paintings have been purchased by the Heritage Property Purchase Award and the Alberta Foundation for the Arts Public Collection.
Be the First to Know!
When you join the Artists' Network you'll get FIRST DIBS on all NEW Mastermind Groups.
You'll also, receive helpful advice, articles and book suggestions to help you level-up your talent.
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.