Master | Instructor | Mentor
I work in different series that cover different themes, issues, and concepts, but the central theme that unites all of my paintings is human connection. The paintings examine what seem to be separate and isolated life experiences and look for the connections to, and impacts on, other people hidden in them.
The “masks” and the accompanying identities we all assume depend on the life roles we must play. They obstruct the conscious mind from acknowledging what unites us: our shared experiences of pain, loss, desire, the need for acceptance, and the quest for personal serenity.
I also portray images of strong women with almost god-like capabilities to impact the animals and environments around them. They are fierce and in control, which, as I show, may be detrimental to their surroundings. This is a topic that runs passionately in my heart, and I hope through my art I can provoke the realization that right now, we, as a species, have the opportunity to stop this downward trend of destruction to this planet, our home.
Colour & Composition
Tools & Materials
How To Self Critique
Bio & CV
Shows & Exhibits
Art as a Business
Products & Prints
Marketing & Branding
This Mastermind+ is for
What Is An Emerging Artist?
You’ve taken workshops/courses and have already been selling your work to friends, family, and in community shows, markets and beyond.
Now you’re ready to take it to the next level!
YOU’RE INTERESTED IN:
- art critiques - getting expert feedback on your artwork
- selling - learn how to sell your artwork
- building your brand and marketing, leveraging social media well
- earning a steady income in an unsteady economy
- how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully
- business skills - learn the mechanics of creating and sustaining a business as an artist
- production - studio set-up and time management to maximize production
- art licensing - what products to create, how to find a reputable producer
CHOOSE YOUR GROUP
TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN A NEW GROUP LAUNCHES, JOIN THE ARTISTS’ NETWORK BELOW!
Emerging ArtistMastermind+ Membership
- STARTS Tuesday, March 9th, 2021
- 12pm to 2pm MT (2-4pm ET)
- Then, the 2nd Tuesday of the month thereafter
- 2 HOUR videoconference session every month
- TRUSTED small group of 8 Emerging Artists
- MASTER ARTIST of your choice. Pick a new Master every 6 months!
- NAVIGATOR permanently assigned to your group to facilitate, guide and support
- CONNECT between sessions via private chat forum
- TECHNICAL ADVICE on: color, composition, supplies, tools, techniques, how to hone your style, build your brand, market yourself, price your work and build your confidence!
- BUSINESS ADVICE on: creating and sustaining a business as an artist, building your brand and marketing, how to approach galleries and/or go solo successfully, studio set-up and time management to maximize production, art licensing, and more!
- APPRENTICESHIP BADGE for your CV. Awarded upon completion of 1 year in any Artist Mastermind Group(s)!
About The Artist
In all of my paintings, the viewer is rewarded with new worlds to explore. First, you are invited to learn the story of the figures. Their expressive postures are enhanced by beautifully draped garb and jewelry, most of which were also made by myself. I combine heavy with soft, rigid with fluid to create a dramatic union of contrasts that invoke a sense of compelling wonder. The women are strong and beautiful, depicting the balance of grace and power. Their striking sense of self lures you in just to push you away. Their environments are rich, deep, and mysterious. Subtle details encourage viewers to explore and find more meaning and depth the further they go.
Though extensive thought, intention, and planning go into all of my pieces before I begin painting, I allow myself the flexibility to adapt while the brush touches the canvas. This is where I welcome you to explore the second world of my paintings. As you venture closer to the canvas, the figures melt away and become a landscape of expressive, emotional, and energetic brushstrokes. Thick impasto becomes heavy contours to explore in the light, delicate skin of the figures. Traditional oil painting techniques give way to moments of stark emotion. Look closely; truths and confessions are found in the brushstrokes.
I encourage you to experience my paintings at all levels: the macro level that expresses my message and the micro level that expresses my emotions. The further you venture, the more you will find moments and messages that speak to you.
Be the First to Know!
When you join the Artists' Network you'll get FIRST DIBS on all NEW Mastermind Groups.
You'll also, receive helpful advice, articles and book suggestions to help you level-up your talent.
What is LevellingUp?
Many of us feel like we’re “going it alone” in our relationships & careers, and we’re looking for people to join us on our journey, for community and support.
By combining interactive coaching, mentorship and collaborative community, LevellingUp offers a unique, powerful and affordable opportunity for growing professionals like you to secure success and experience joy.